Update November 18, 2020:
We are committed to continual communication regarding the status of our communities and Covid-19. Each of our communities’ Facebook pages and website newsrooms are updated regularly with information. As policies are updated, we also edit each of our websites’ emergency response banners with up-to-date information.
As the progression of Covid-19 has affected the entire country, we remain dedicated to the health and wellness of our residents and team members. Radiant Senior Living, and our communities, have been implementing extra precautions since the first reports of confirmed Coronavirus cases in the United States. We are following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Centers for Medicare and Medicare Services (CMS), Local Health Authorities, and state guidelines in each of our locations.
Radiant Senior Living and our communities have taken this matter seriously as news developed regarding Covid-19. Our policies and procedures are updated and implemented as health authority guidelines change. The following actions have been taken since early March.
Community Response to COVID-19:
- We have detailed and specific plans in place for a wide range of emergencies and illnesses. Our staff is trained in infection control practices, and we follow these protocols every day. We have ensured that our policies reflect up-to-date information provided by health authorities. We continue to provide additional training on an ongoing basis.
- We have increased and enhanced our cleaning procedures. We have purchased and implemented the use of the Bioesque’s Botanical Disinfectant Solution and Victory Innovations Electrostatic Sprayer—a combination that can be safely used on all surfaces that kills Coronavirus.
- Public outings and events were discontinued.
- Individual resident engagement activities were continued, but we are no longer hosting group activities where social distancing cannot reasonably be maintained.
- Medical appointments are not disrupted, and telehealth is implemented where appropriate.
- Visitation is currently being limited to meet the local regulatory guidelines of each of our locations.
- All individuals entering our communities must sign in, sharing their contact information and agreement to our COVID-19 policies, in addition to being screened by a temporal thermometer and must affirm a series of necessary questions in regard to COVID-19 risk factors attesting they have no signs nor symptoms, and have not traveled to an area of outbreak. In addition, all visitors must sign in, sharing their contact information, and agreement to policies regarding COVID-19.
- We are equipped with necessary PPE including surgical masks, N95 masks, gloves, gowns, and eye protection. Our team members must wear a mask and protective eyewear at each of our locations.
Up and Coming:
- Radiant Senior Living is rolling out safe and effective Global Plasma Solutions (GPS) technologies to fight pathogens and provide cleaner and safer air for residents, staff, and visitors. This bipolar ionization technology is certified as ozone-free and validated to perform against particles, pathogens, and odor-causing compounds. Radiant Senior Living Assisted and Memory Care communities Farmington Square in Tualatin and Salem, Oregon, have already implemented the GPS systems. Efforts to roll out company-wide are in progress.
- We are onboarding rapid testing to each of our communities as they are approved by local health departments. Testing programs utilizing BinaxNow Covid-19 AG Card and Navica App are actively being applied for, approved, and implemented in our communities. To see if a community near you is utilizing this program, please visit the community’s website Newsroom for updates.
Each of our communities are following local health guidelines for visitation. Visitation is dependent on local Covid-19 transmission rates, among other factors. Please contact the community for the visitation status and to learn how to schedule a visit.
We understand the desire of our family members to want to connect with their loved ones in a meaningful way during this unprecedented time. We are working diligently to safely allow visitation opportunities with our residents. As the weather changes, we are looking for ways to continue in-person visitation opportunities with guidance from local health authorities.
We appreciate your understanding currently while we only allow approved visitors inside our communities’ buildings. Depending on local regulations, outdoor, window, and virtual visits are being scheduled in our communities. We encourage you to reach out to an individual community about their current regulations regarding visitors.
Visitors are screened prior to entry in the community and must limit contact within the community, practice frequent hand hygiene, use appropriate PPE, such as masks, and follow any additional direction provided by community staff members.
Screenings for Employees and Visitors Include:
- Confirmation that visitor is clear of symptoms of Covid-19, including fever, cough, or shortness of breath, sore throat, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, loss of taste or smell.
- Affirmation that visitor has not received a positive Covid test within 10 days prior to visit.
- Confirmation that visitor has not been exposed to someone with Covid-19 within 14 days of visit.
- Confirmation that visitor has not traveled outside local area within 14 days of visit.
If a Confirmed Case Were to Occur:
If a confirmed case of COVID-19 were to occur within one of our communities, we will notify our residents along with their emergency contact, as well as continue to act in full compliance with local and state health authorities, as well as the CDC. We will follow guidelines to decrease chances for exposure.
As we navigate this challenge, we remain focused on providing exceptional care and service for our residents. This includes sharing regular updates and information and taking any precautions required to limit the spread of illness or misinformation. We are thankful to our care staff and care partners in their efforts to provide the best in care and comfort for our residents.
We are confident in the guidelines set forth by the CDC and our local Department of Health. We encourage the local community to be proactive in preventing the spread of disease, but to avoid unsubstantiated rumors. For more information, please visit: https://www.cdc.gov/?mc_cid=ab223b0f90&mc_eid=a54bab434e
We continue to provide updates on our Facebook page and the Facebook pages of our Radiant communities. We are now adding updates to our Newsroom as well. For questions, please connect with the Executive Director of the community.
Thank you for your understanding with extra protocols at this time and for being diligent about your own response to this virus. To read our tips on preventing the spread of illnesses, visit: https://www.radiantseniorliving.com/radiant-blog?article=preventing-the-spread-of-illnesses